3 Style Tips For Reinventing Plus Size Ladies Fashion
Who says that the latest looks and fashions are only for thin women? When you’re plus sized, it can be challenging to strike the right balance when it comes to style. However, there are plenty of ways that you can show off your curves in full confidence without having to break the bank or dress the way society tells you to. That said, it can still be a challenge to find the type of attire that accentuates your figure. This is especially true when it comes to off-the-rack clothing. To that end, we’ve created a brief list of tips that can help break you out of the learning curve. Let’s reinvent the rules of plus size ladies fashion!
Tip #1: Get to Know Your Body Shape
The clothes that will highlight your curves and flatter you will depend on your body shape. After all, it’s not the size that matters, but how the garments will fit your figure. Fortunately, the market for ladies fashion is incredibly saturated with clothing. You are sure to find something that suits you regardless of your height, weight, proportion, or body shape.
The Different Body Shapes
Here is a rundown of the five basic body types and how those in each category can dress to flaunt their curves:
- Apple – Apple-shaped bodies have heavier midriffs and narrower waistlines. To highlight your torso, lengthen your body with A-line or empire cuts, printed dresses, patterned jackets, flowy tops, and full or 3/4 length sleeve dresses.
- Pear – Those who are pear-shaped get to flaunt the lower parts of their body. The advantage of this shape is that you can create the look of an hourglass figure by creating the illusion of broader shoulders. Try wearing ruffled tops, crop tops, sweetheart, or V-necklines, boat necks, wide-legged pants, and A-line skirts or dresses.
- Hourglass – As the most balanced of all body types, those with hourglass figures have well-defined waistlines and proportionate upper and lower bodies. They can pull off most styles of clothing. However, the best way to flaunt those curves is by choosing garments that cinch the waist.
- Inverted Triangle – People with an inverted triangle body type have broader shoulders and narrower hips. It’s best to create a balance by enhancing the definition of your hips. You can do so by choosing straight-cut jeans, skirts, and dresses that have a naturally inverted V-shape. This will create the illusion of narrower shoulders.
- Rectangle – Those with rectangle body shapes already have a natural balance between their shoulders and hips, though they may lack some definition in their silhouette. Your arms and legs are your assets. Flaunt your curves with A-line skirts, ruffled or layered tops, blazers, long jackets, and sweetheart necklines as they will highlight your upper body.
Tip #2: Ditch the Bagginess
Many plus sized women are tempted to cover up by wearing baggy clothes. Instead of hiding the areas they’re insecure about, though, overly loose clothing can make them look bulkier than usual. Rather than hide your beauty, choose garments that will hug your curves comfortably without clinging to them in an unflattering way.
Tip #3: Choose Garments with Structure
Flimsy fabrics tend to fall without shape and accentuate bumps. To enhance the composition of your body, choose clothes that have more structure. Examples of such items are tailored jackets, padded shoulders, angular crop-tops, and even sharp shift dresses. These plus size ladies fashion pieces will bring out all the right angles of your body and sharpen your overall look.
Some people are naturally drawn to fashion, while others need some help learning how to dress in a way that makes them look and feel like the belle of the ball. These three style tips will help women embrace their curves and maybe even fall in love with plus size ladies fashion!
Looking for Beautiful Plus Size Ladies Fashion?
At Tia Tia, you’ll find gorgeous clothes regardless of your size or sense of style. Just drop by our shop in Cheltenham and browse our collection of plus size pieces from high-end brands. Our expert stylists are ready to help you go home with a new favourite outfit. Pay us a visit today, or contact us to find out a bit more about what we do.